Brogues are an essential part of any women’s wardrobe. They can be worn with almost anything, so it’s always a good idea to invest in a pair. Brogues for women can give the perfect balance between comfort and style, which is why they have become so popular over the years. Finding the right pair can be challenging, mainly when so many options exist. However, checking certain factors will help you find great-looking brogues that fit your needs perfectly!
Check the size of the brogues.
If you need clarification about the shoe size, it is best to check the size chart provided by the manufacturer. If you are between sizes, order a size up for comfort and ease of movement. If you have a narrow foot, take some time to try on different styles and sizes before purchasing your brogues. The last thing you want is shoes that need to be fixed because they are too big or small in one of the dimensions.
Type of leather
The leather you want to wear depends on the look you’re going for. For example, genuine leather may be the best choice for your brogues if you’re looking for a stylish, casual outfit that is still professional enough to wear at work. Genuine leather is soft and pliable without being too thick or thin. It’s also not as stiff and rigid as nubuck or suede, so it offers more flexibility when wearing your shoes.
If you’re looking for a more formal look (e.g., weddings), then nubuck might be best because its texture resembles suede but has extra durability due to its thicker grain pattern.
Ensure it looks good on you
- Try them on in the store. Before buying a pair of brogues, try them on at a shop to ensure they fit well and are comfortable.
- Know whether shoes are too small or large for your feet. If the shoe is too tight, you’ll feel uncomfortable, and your feet will hurt after an hour of wearing them; if it’s too loose, your heel will slip out when walking around in them and potentially cause blisters later down the road. Your toes should have about 1/4 inch of space between them and the tip of your shoe (or just enough room for two fingers). If there’s no wiggle room inside, it’s too small!
- Look for brogues that fit comfortably around your ankles as well—if they rub painfully against either side, then again.
- Check the stitching details. The stitching should be neat and uniform throughout the shoe. It should also be of good quality, as it is one of the main features determining how long your brogues will last.
- Check that the shoe is not cheaply made. Even if you get it for a low price, if it looks like it will last up to a month or two, you’ve wasted money on something that is not worth your time or money in the first place!
- Please make sure there are no loose threads anywhere on your shoes; this shows that they were put together poorly and may fall apart soon after purchase!
Presence of laces or straps
There are two main types of closures for brogues. The first is a strap and the second is lace. Straps are more casual and, therefore, appropriate for less formal occasions such as the office or brunch with friends. Laces usually come with buckles or eyelets, which can be adjusted to fit tighter or looser, depending on your preference. Laces are more durable than straps because they won’t wear out as quickly over time.
If you’re looking stylish and comfortable, it’s recommend to choose shoes with laces instead of straps—but if you’re not sure which style suits you best yet, don’t worry! You can always try both types at home before deciding which works best for your lifestyle.
Toe shape is another essential factor to consider when shopping for brogues. There are four main types of toes to choose from round, pointed, square, and cap.
You may want a pair of shoes with rounded toes if you’re looking for something more casual or feminine. You can also opt for a pointed-toe style if you’re going after something more formal but still has an airy vibe—this is ideal if you pair them with skirts or dresses.
Square-toed brogues are suitable for those who like their footwear to have more substance than the previous two options; they add structure and stability without sacrificing comfort or effortless elegance in your daily life. Cap-toed brogues give shoes an edgy flair while remaining understated enough to go well with virtually anything in your wardrobe! Oxford styles are similar in appearance.
Check whether they are comfortable.
When choosing the best brogues for women, you should check whether they are comfortable. To ensure that you are purchasing a shoe that will be comfortable and not cause your feet any problems, here are some of the things you need to consider:
- Fit: The fit of a shoe is essential because it determines how comfortable it will be and how well your foot can breathe in this shoe. Therefore, when buying shoes online or offline, you should try on different sizes before purchasing them to get an idea of which size fits properly on your feet.
- Material: The material used in making the shoes also affects their comfort level. For example, leather materials tend to be more durable than synthetic ones. Still, they do not breathe well, making them less comfortable, especially during hot weather when air circulation may become limited inside such shoes. On the other hand, synthetic materials like canvas fabric typically have better breathability properties which means that your feet will remain cool during hot weather, making them more desirable if the comfort level is one of your primary concerns when buying new footwear items!
Thus, for many ladies, choosing brogues as footwear might be challenging only until they know these factors. So, consider the above factors if you are planning for a pair of brogues.