DAS network or a Distributed Antenna System in telecom refers to the use of several antennas that are designed to provide wireless coverage indoors or outdoors such as in hospitals, hotels, subways, airports, roadway tunnels, and many other businesses. A distributed antenna system (DAS) is a network of separated antenna nodes (opposes one antenna) but connected to a common source via a transport medium. This technology provides wireless service within a geographic area and DAS antenna elevations are compact hence they can be placed at or below the clutter level, and node installations. So, now let us see how one can maintain a stable DAS network in the warehouse of the e-tailer with Reliable 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Reliable RF drive test tools & equipment, RF tester software app & network LTE 4g tester.
DAS is more reliable and dedicated to providing wireless coverage – it uses either RF directional couplers or wireless amplifiers to strengthen the wireless signal from the main source to the distributed antennas with reduced total power. A distributed antenna system (DAS) is beneficial to deal with isolated spots of poor coverage inside a large building and this can be done by installing small antennas throughout the building to serve stable network coverage on 4G/5G. DAS provides wireless services in the form of PCS, cellular, Wi-Fi, police, fire, and emergency services.
Also Read: lpb piso wifi 10.0.0.1 pause time login
Distributed antenna systems (DAS) are designed in such a way that can deploy in densely populated indoor spaces such as shopping malls, medical centers, and high-rise buildings. Like any tower on a cellular network, DAS provides voice and data services to mobile devices.
The deployment of DAS in the warehouse of the e-tailer is important because that can help them in achieving high-quality cellular coverage and improve connectivity. In the e-tailer business, it’s not about transporting goods from one place to another, goods must be stored at the right and suitable place for distribution for the proper supply chain management. So, the DAS network is essential for the proper management of e-tailers’ warehouses as it distributes a wireless signal to a series of connected indoor or outdoor multi-band, multi-technology radio heads and delivers higher capacity and consistent coverage over the area (warehouse of e-tailers) it serves.
Advantages of deploying Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- DAS having multiple antennas provides increased capacity of the cellular tower either for single band or multiple bands and for multiple technologies such as GSM, CDMA, LTE, LTE-Advanced, etc.
- Cell towers in DAS technology have the provision to add multiple antennas and such requirements can be met as per the specifications of the customers. For this reason, an increase in bandwidth demand can be managed very easily.
- DAS is beneficial to provide internet connectivity in a single area and good connectivity can be provided by multiple telecom carriers.
- DAS is the best technology solution for large venues where the supply of internet connectivity from multiple cellular providers is required.
- It helps to overcome RF interference which is covered with lower transmit powers from various antennas.
- DAS network facilitates no dropped calls, blocked calls, and fewer network access failures hence providing greater customer satisfaction.
- Using MIMO/Beamforming techniques, DAS enables improving the speed of communication.
- DAS systems can handle multiple bands for multiple operators at the same time and are having a significantly greater cellular capacity.
When it comes to the DAS network in the warehouse of the e-tailer, e-tailers or eCommerce companies need stable network connectivity and for this, they need to test the network. Here comes RantCell – a network monitoring and testing tool that is a non-traditional network measurement solution that enables to the measurement of Quality of Experience (QoE) on 4G/5G network coverage. RantCell pro app can be installed on Android phones for smart 5G RF drive testing, indoor measurement, and monitoring. Further, RantCell tool saves from spending on 5G test equipment hardware.